Did you know...?
• Pangolin is a mammal of tropical Africa
• Scientific Names:
Comon pangolin (Manis temminckii),
Giant pangolin (Manis gigantea),
Tree pangolin (Manis tricuspis)
• Pangolin are very rare
• Pangolin are shy and mainly solitary
• Pangolin are well-armoured with large, hardened, equally-spaced overlapping scales, making them look like a pinecone
• Pangolin know how to protect themselves very well when threatened, by rolling into a ball and erecting their scales pointing upward
• Pangolin are ant and termite-eaters
• Pangolin is thought to be magical. People believe the sight of a Pangolin will bring them
7 years of prosperity
• Sometimes the scales are burned to keep lions and other wild animals away
• Pangolin are strong, unique, non-violent, self-protective, resilient, friendly, and ancient.
read latest update (pdf)